Pregnancy week 39
How's the foetus during week 39?
Your baby is about the 50 - 51cm in length and weighs about 3.2kg.
• Your baby's settling into the pelvis and is protected by the pelvic bones.
• Her lungs are already functioning.
• Your baby fills most of the uterus and can't move around much anymore, but when she does, you'll feel it.
• Most of the downy covering of lanugo has gone from the skin.
• Your baby may have a full head of hair. What's with my body: Not much walking, apart from to the loo
• Walking may become more difficult because the baby has dropped into the pelvis.
• You will need to the loo more often because of pressure on your bladder.
• By now, you would probably have put on between 11.5 and 13.5kg.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates