Pregnancy week 40
How's the foetus during week 40?
Pregnancy at term- This is it!
Your baby is about 51 - 52 cm and weighs about 3.3 - 3.4 kg. (Not all babies are the same size. the average weight range is between 2.5 and 3.8kg)
• If your baby hasn't been born yet, don't panic. Only 5% of babies are born on their scheduled date. A baby is only considered overdue at 42 weeks, and you might then need to be induced.
• Most of the vernix (the whitish substance that covers him or her) is gone. What's with my body: Any day now- just keep going!
• Your amniotic fluid is pale and milky because of the vernix coming off your baby's skin.
• Don't worry - you won't be pregnant forever.
• Rest as much as possible, you must be tired!
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates