12 brutal pregnancy truths
Here are 12 things that no one ever tells you about being pregnant.
The media depicts pregnancy in two ways: Either it's a magical time of rest and glowing with very little mention of haemorrhoids and stretch marks or it's the worst possible thing that could happen to the female body - sweating, vomiting etc. READ MORE: Pregnancy week-by-week update
In reality, for most women pregnancy is a mix of these two worlds. But very people really tell women what being pregnant is like.
Being pregnant is more than just your body going through changes, but your entire life. For almost a year of your life, everything you do, think and eat is dictated by the tiny life growing in your belly. You may revel in that thought or it may be your worst nightmare - and that's okay. Because the truth is that pregnancy is not always fun, but it's always worth it.
If you need advice or have questions that need to be answered. Take a look at the following resources.
• 11 bizarre pregnancy factsSome remarkable occurrences during pregnancy seem almost unbelievable.
• The truth about birth and your vaginaA midwife shares exactly what happens to your lady bits after giving birth to a baby.
• How to stay fit and healthy while pregnantStaying active can be hard when you're pregnant but it's not impossible!
• Pregnant with the fluSanity-saving tips for when conventional flu medication isn't an option.
• 5 myths about pregnancy bumpsStrange beliefs surround the size and shape of a pregnant belly.
• Weird things people say when you're pregnantHaving a baby brings out all kinds of unsolicited advice!
• UIF made easyDon’t be daunted. Applying for Maternity UIF benefits is not that hard.
• Sensual pregnancy: massage and moreWatch this sensual pregnancy massage video and read more about intimacy during pregnancy.
• How to pack a hospital bag (for real)Real tips from an experienced mom on what to pack for a c-section birth.
• 10 foods to avoid while pregnantWhat shouldn’t you eat when eating for two?
The following video shows three mothers telling their own brutally honest versions of what pregnancy was like for them. Can you relate? Watch it for yourself and then comment below.YouTube/BuzzFeedYellow What was/is your biggest fear about being pregnant?