Drive in peace
5 Tips to minimize stress in the car
- Pack a cooler bag with healthy snacks and drinks. Avoid sticky or moist foods or food your toddler can choke on.
- Try to play car games that involve looking out of the window. This makes it less likely that your child will get carsick, and helps to distract her from the reality of being stuck in a car seat.
- Pack a selection of quiet toys for the trip to keep your toddler busy.
- Bring lots of good sing-along children's music tapes.
- Always keep your child safely strapped in, and make sure the seat is the right size and is comfortably padded.