Fun with felt
It's often difficult to come up with activities your toddler will enjoy. This activity will help you share some bonding time.
This activity is great for developing your toddler's manuel dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Difficulty rating: 2
Time to prepare: 3
Cleaning up: 1
Activity time: 15-30 minutes
Felt is a fantastic medium for little hands to work with. It doesn't unravel when cut so no sewing is required for this project.
- Cut interesting shapes and colours out of the felt before you begin the activity (We used hearts, flowers and bird shapes)
- Give your toddler these shapes, together with some craft glue, and show her how to create and design and stick it all together.
- Once she's finished her designs and the glue is dry, help her glue one fo her creations toa hair clip to make a brooch or hair elastic (as shown here)
- Your tot can make her own brooches and hair accessories with this easy craft.
- You'll find different colours and sizes of felt squares at most craft shops.