Fun with foot- and hand prints
A custom piece of artwork is a must-have for any toddler's room. Let your toddler use his feet or hands to make colourful prints on canvas.
Preparation time: 2
Activity time: 40 minutes to 1 hour
You will need:
- 1 large white canvas
- Student's acrylic in a variety of fun colours that your toddler has chosen
- Sponges or sponge rollers
- Wet wipes or a wet towel to clean hands with with
- Old newspapers
Lay the old newspapers out on the floor and get the canvas and paint ready and within easy reach.
Use the sponges to apply a good amount of paint on your child's feet or hands and let them press it against the canvas. Younger children will need a little more help- mom can place the hands or feet where they need be. the plan is not to use any brushes or sponges on the canvas.
Once finished, let the painting dry and hang it on the walls. ask a relative or friend to take some images of the process and frame them or print them on canvas to hang in the room as well.
- Remember to change into old clothing before attempting this project. The acrylic paint will wash off skin easily but is quite a struggle to get it off clothing and shoes.
- Start with the light coloured paint first and work your way towards the darker colours. This way you will not have to clean your child's feet before every new layer is applied.
Big room décor
- This idea is perfect for mom's who want their baby to upgrade from nursery to a toddler room.
- Use your artwork as part of the planning process- think about colours and the feel of the room.
- The room will feel extra special with his work of art on the wall.