Nursery with a touch of pink
A touch of pink shows that a little girl sleeps in this little haven.
PUT YOUR FEET UP
- A footrest is a nursery must-have that will come in handy while nursing.
NEUTRAL DONE RIGHT
- Because they didn't know their baby's gender before birth, this couple opted for a neutral nursery.
- After having a girl, pink was incorporated to make it feel more feminine.
- Going neutral is a great decision if you do not know the sex of your baby- you will be able to prepare the whole nursery in advance and just tweak it once he or she arrives.
- Try to have a specific theme in mind when choosing decorative items for your nursery.
- This nursery has a bird theme.
- The repetition of different birds scattered throughout the room makes a powerful statement.
This room is the work of interior designer Talia van der Walt of TD Interiors. Talia has the following tips for moms that are decorating a very small nursery space:
- Use fewer but larger items; this tends to make the room look bigger.
- Make practical use of your wall space. Try books on floating shelves or mounting a light on the wall instead of using a lamp or standing lamp.
- Keep walls simple by using one or two large art pieces instead of more than one small pieces.
- Remember that less is more!