Peaceful nursery in earthy colours
Use organic material and natural colours to create a neutral haven for you and yor baby.
The benefits of going natural when it comes to your baby's nursery décor are many. Some of the products you'll buy will be earth-friendly and it's and ideal choice if you're not sure of the sex of your baby, but best of all is that you can invest in some really special items that may be moved out of your baby's room at a later stage and used in other areas of your home.
- Let the colors of cinnamon, chocolate, fudge, vanilla, white muslin and wood guide and inspire you when it comes to choosing a neutral palette.
- Or you can draw your inspiration form honey, coffee, peppercorns and even pomegranate for richer, warmer colours.
Tips for achieving your neutral nursery:
- Before you buy or paint anything, envision the overall style of the nursery you want to achieve. Is it traditional or modern?
- As a next step, decide on the colour of the walls- as the backdrop for your nursery it needs to be chosen well.
- You do not have to put the same colour on all the walls.
- If you love a dark colour but are afraid it's going to overwhelm the room, use it on a focal wall.
- If you decide to go with dramatic wall colours then your furniture and accessories should be light and subtle.
- If you go with an off-white ir eggshell colour for the walls then cushions, throws, curtains and upholstery can be bolder.
- Once you have decided on the nursery style and the colour of the walls, take some time to think about your furniture.
- In a neutral nursery a combination of white and wooden furniture works well, as does a combination of old and new.
- Roll up your receiving blankets and arrange them in a beautiful wooden wine rack.
- Use a paper-filing unit as storage space for nappies.
- If you want your nursery to have a traditional feel to it then display neutral plush toys and teddies.
- However, you can have a great time finding unusual accessories for your baby's nursery that fit the natural theme beutifully.
- Many of these items are timeless so your baby won't grow out of them as quickly and you'll save money on updating your baby's nursery in the long run.
- There are loads of interesting and unusual objects available that make fabulous additions to neutral nurseries.
- Invest in a beautiful bookshelf and display special gifts and other meaningful items on the shelves.