We are giving you a fresh take on the pinboard. Create it from scratch or use this technique to give an old noticeboard new life.
Pin it up
Difficulty rating: ****
Time to prepare: ***
Cleaning up: **
Activity time: It depends entirely on your DIY skills but roughly 40 minutes to one hour.
You will need:
- A wooden frame or piece of styrofoam
- Fabric of your choice
- Staple gun or thumbnails
- Measuring tape
- Pretty pins or thumbnails for decoration
- Stretch the fabric over the wooden frame or styrofoam.
- Use the staple gun or thumbnails to secure it in position on the back of the board.
- Secure the measuring tape across the width and length of the board.
- First secure one end with a staple or thumbnail on the back of the board.
- Stretch the measuring tape over the front of the board and secure on the other side.
- Before punching in the staple, make sure that the measuring tape is loose enough to slip a picture between ut and the board but tight enough for the picture not to fall out.
- Use pretty pins or thumbnails as decorations.
- Secure them in the areas where the measuring tapes overlap.
- Pin your favourite photos, inspirational messages or child's art.
Display your child's art on your noticeboard. It will make her feel special and give her the confidence to be creative.