Sugar sweet nursery
Bursts of pink and turquoise give this room a girly but fresh feel.
Saved by Storage:
- Storage boxes tucked under the cot increase the amount of packing space wihtout creating any extra clutter in the room.
It's all in the detail
- This nursery combines exactly the right amounts of simplicity and detail.
- In the corner of the changing area large pompoms draw attention, while the detailed mirror adds an elegant element.
- The unusual light also draws the eye.
- Pink pompom detail adds a little glamour to a simple set of curtains.
- There's even small detail on the floating toy shelves above the changing area.
- Mom Timara and baby Tehilla sit on a feeding chair in the room.
- No nursery is complete without an area where you can sit to feed or just relax.
- Use a chair that you already have, buy one new or re-upholster a second-hand one in a fabric that will go with your colour scheme.
- Floating shelves create more storage space for toys and books.
- Shelves such as these can also be used to store lotions, receivers or muslin blankets.
- Be careful with lamps in the area where you change your baby.
- Although highly functional for nighttime changing, these lamps can easily be knocked over.
- Keep them in position with double sided tape.
Many of the elements in this nursery were designed and applied by Milk Deco, www.milkdeco.co.za