WARNING! This video will make you crave a pet
Getting a pet is one of the best things you can do for your children. We've lined up a few good arguments...
Feeling stressed? Research has shown that having a pet can lower your stress levels. We would argue just looking at this video would go a long way too! How adorable?
Why children should grow up with pets:
- It teaches a child about caring for something else, and responsibility.
- It provides lots of companionship.
- Kids can play act, teach and read out to their pets while studying with no fear of being laughed at.
- It boosts the development of empathy and nurturing skills.
- Cuddling a pet can bring comfort and relieve anxiety. Pets are often used in therapy to help children overcome trauma.
- Studies suggest that having pets can reduce the risk of allergies and asthma, and even cancer.
- It gets kids to play outside and be active.
- Having a dog or cat sleeping on your child's bed at night can keep them warm!
- Pets never criticise or bully.
- It can expand a family when you don't want any more kids.
- Pets can be really funny and make you laugh.
- It can help siblings to bond.
Thinking of getting a pet? Read here.
Time for a pet?
If you're not yet convinced... look the King of Strawberries in the eye and say you don't care.
Send us pictures of your kids with their pets and we may publish them! Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.