Acorn Babes and Kids
A range of fun bath products for baby, kids and mom.
Where can I get it?
For Moms living in the Rondebosch, Rondebosch East, Landsdowne, Crawford areas, there is a consultant near you: Call Yasmeen Brey on her cell at 082 965 8825. Other interested moms can ring AcornKids directly on 086 10 74776. www.acornkids.com
What we thought:
I have recently been introduced to a range of really lovely products for moms and tots, which I would like to share with you.
The baby range – According to their labels, Acorn Babes uses gentle, natural ingredients like Rooibos, almond oil, and other natural essential oils. I find this very appealing, especially since I prefer the natural alternative route. Their prices are slightly higher if you are comparing them to off-the-shelf products like Johnsons and Elizabeth Anne’s. However, they do have monthly 2-for-1 specials —which sometimes makes them competitive and even cheaper in the same instances.
I have personally tried the following products in the baby range:
- Liquid Silk Powder (R69.00 per 200ml bottle). My teenage daughter and niece also use this product and love it! – talc in a cream, which dries to a powdery film; silky soft to the touch and in a convenient pump-action bottle.
- Baby wash – smells great and leaves skin feeling soft (also in a pump-action bottle)
- Baby lotion – smells great and leaves skin feeling soft (pump-action bottle)
- Massage oil – I tried the Eucalyptus while my little girl had the flu and it worked wonderfully
- Nappy rash cream – My cousin tried this product on her baby and said she was impressed as there was a remarkable improvement after the first application!
The AcornKids products are for toddlers and slightly older children. I have tried and can recommend the following products from this range:
- Fruity Bods Body Lotion – smells great and leaves skin silky smooth and soft.
- Buzz Off Spray (R59.00 for 150ml) – mosquito and insect repellant
- Itchy Goo (R29.00 for 25ml) - for insect bites, relieves itchiness
- Gloop – a shower gel and shampoo combo – my sons love this.
- Surf’s Up Foam Bath – This bubble bath is fun; it contains tiny glittery sequins like sea creatures for children to fish out of the bath water. Excellent for sensopathic play and hand-eye co-ordination.
- Soap Putty (R39.00 for 100g) – Play dough soap with a cutter
And for the Moms: They also have a range of body care and skin care products which I am now using and very happy with.
- Body Care: Marula Body Butter; Marula Hand cream
- Simply oil (a type of tissue oil for Stretch marks but can also be used for your face)
- The Akina Face Care Range: Alcohol free, herbal ingredients and dermatologically approved. I have been using these products for almost two months now. This range consists of: Day & Night Cream (R120.00 for a 50ml jar); Cleansers (R105.00 for 190ml); Toner (R105.00 for 190ml); Eye cream (R135.00 for 30ml)
They also have products for younger moms and an Anti-ageing range which I love!