Facing the bully
Unfortunately bullies aren’t only in politics, but also in the playground with your child. Parent24 has advice.
Every generation has its bullies, and it’s usually the sensitive, gentle child who ends up a target. Be prepared to help and advise your child if the bully’s eye falls on him or her.
Article originally in Parent24
Click on the links to find more Parent24 content on dealing with bullies.
What’s your attitude to playground bullies? Do you get involved?
- Your home needs to be a refuge and you need to be your child’s ally. Avoid siding with the bully, advise Megan De Beyer and Jason Bantjes. Dealing with bullies
- Females can be bullies too – they merely favour a different method of meanness, but there are ways to handle bullies of all types. Big bad bully
- Parent24 expert educational psychologist Greg Crighton suggest a group intervention at a school where bullying is a problem. Bullying
- Last year’s Parent24 survey showed that primary school years are the peak time for playground bullies. The bullying peak
- Readers of our expert’s advice on bullies overall seemed to feel that violence should be met with equal force. Kick his ass
- Preschool mom Masanda Peter hoped she was doing the right thing by not intervening to stop a bully. Fighting my son’s battles
- With the advent of cellphones and the internet, bullies have a new weapon. Stop the cyber-bully