How to make bag charms
Bag charms liven up any school bag or backpack. They are a great way for kids to express their personalities. Here are some suggestions
For girlie girls:
- miniature balls
- team brands
Think outside the box and don’t be afraid to mix and match styles. Go for unusual baubles like ethnic charms, shells and wooden trinkets. Create a number of different chains, which kids can change or swop with friends.
You will need
- Small rings
- Different clasps (look for small and large lobster clasps and split rings)
- An assortment of beads, charms and trinkets
- Beading wire
- Pliers (the long-nosed pliers work better)
What to do
- Cut the wire roughly the length you would like your charm chain to be. Twist the beading wire into the crimp. Squash the crimp down with pliers to close it.
- Slide the beads and charms onto the wire. When you have added enough trinkets to your chain, slide another crimp onto the wire.
- Make sure that the last crimp does not slip inside the bead. Attach the lobster clasp and loop the wire back through the crimp and bead and squash the crimp.
- Attach to the split ring and clasp onto a bag.