How to make fun plant pots
These easy pots look pretty on the table and the family can add fresh herbs to their own salads and sandwiches. Here's how you can make them
You will need
- Chalkboard paint
- Small terracotta pots
- A 60mm x 100mm piece of plywood
- A 180mm stake or dowel stick
- Wood glue
- Paint the pots with the chalkboard paint. Once dry, plant the seedlings. Get the kids to write the plant names on the pots with chalk.
- Use the wood glue to attach the dowel stick to the plywood to make a miniature garden sign.
- Once the glue has dried, paint the sign with the chalkboard paint and stick it into the soil.
- The pots can be used on the table as a centrepiece. Write simple messages like “help yourself” on the sign or use for place names. Alternatively, kids can write birthday messages on the signs and give the plants as birthday presents.