Something special: Button art
Make a pretty artwork using inexpensive buttons.
Cute as a button
Add a bit of pizzaz to your little girl's room with this inexpensive canvas wall hanging. It's so simple that it can be made in less than an hour. Your little one can even help you!
- Plain mounted canvas
- Flat-bottomed buttons of different colours, designs and sizes.
- Glue or a glue gun
- Trace the shape that you want to use onto the canvas using a pencil.
- We used a heart, but you can do whatever suits your individual décor.
- Arrange the buttons on the canvas using the pencil lines as a guide.
- Concentrate most of the buttons over the lines to define the shape, but arrange some in an interesting way around or inside the shape too.
- Once you're happy with the way it looks, glue the buttons on one by one and allow to dry.
- Hang the artwork up in your toddler's room or make a few as gifts for teachers, grandparents or friends.