Toddler obstacle course
Think of skills your child needs to master and those that she enjoys. Go over the course with your child before she attempts it on her own.
Set up an obstacle course for your toddler according to her age and abilities. Afterwards the child gets a fun reward and a big hug for her efforts.
Some ideas include:
- jump over a belt on the floor
- build a tower of a few blocks
- roll a ball into a dustbin
- string some beads or pieces of macaroni onto a shoelace (tie on the first bead for your child)
- walk on a beam or line of tape on the floor
- draw a picture (or write your name for older children)