Wooden spoon puppets
Keep your little one busy turning wooden spoons into puppets with a bit of paint and imagination.
Difficulty rating: 2
Time to prepare: 2
Cleaning up: 3
Activity time: 40-60 minutes
This activity will develop your child's creativity as it uses his imagination in a big way to decide on different characters for the spoons. Whilehe paints the spoons he also exercises his fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
You will need:
- Wooden spoons
- Glitter, tape, felt or fabric as decorations
- Select a couple of your old, used wooden spoons or buy a couple of affordable ones for this exercise.
- Help your child to transform the wooden spoons into characters by painting a little face as well as hair and clothes on each spoon.
- Let your toddler decide on the gist of the characters- colour, placement of features, etc.
- Now give each of the characters a name and history.
- Let your child play with the characters and create his own stories for them.
Let your toddler paint in old clothes in an environment that can handle the odd spill. Buy paints that are washable.