3 super quick and easy meals for kids
As a mom you're often pressed for time, here are three quick and healthy meals to feed your kids.
When we posted the Three Easy Dinners for Moms
article, we touched on the fact that, at one point or another, you will find yourself stuck with limited time and a hungry child that needs food!
Previously, we provided 3 meals that are easy to make, but to take it a little step further, we’re now looking at 3 meals that are BOTH EASY, QUICK and specifically for those days when time is short and kiddy hunger pangs are about to get out of control!
The meals below are perfect for an in-between snack and as a proper meal. When serving as a main meal, ensure you make a little extra or have a fruit, vegetable, Parmalat glass of milk or yoghurt to fill up little tummies.
Egg and Soldiers
This meal is a real winner as it’s packed with the goodness of eggs and it’s possibly one of the fastest meals you can make!
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Drop in your eggs.
- Cover the pot with a lid and lower the heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- If you don’t want a soft boiled egg, cook for an additional minute.
- Remove pot from heat, remove eggs and rinse under cold water.
- While eggs are cooking, place some bread in to toast.
- Once toasted, remove promptly and while they are warm, butter them up and slice the piece of toast into 3 – 4 rectangles (these are your soldiers!)
Serve the eggs in an egg cup alongside the scrumptious buttered toast.
Bagels can be frozen, so make sure to have a few on hand in the freezer for the days where you can’t rush out to the store.
Muffin Pan Omelettes
- Slice bagels in half and toast them slightly to ensure they are nice and crisp.
- Place bagel places on a baking sheet with foil (sliced side facing up).
- Spread some tomato sauce onto each piece.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce and entire bagel.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper and herbs for flavour.
- Add any additional toppings e.g. onions, cooked bacon, salami, olives, etc.
- Place the baking sheet in preheated oven until cheese has melted.
- (Optional): Grill for a minute or 2 to brown the cheese.
- Whisk together about 6 – 9 eggs (depending on size of muffin pan).
- Add salt, pepper and herbs for flavour.
- Slice, dice and / or grate vegetables and / or cold meat into pieces e.g. salami, carrots, cooked bacon, cheese, etc. If you have a young child still new to solids, cheese is the perfect addition for this recipe.
- Place the vegetables, meat, cheese, etc. into each muffin pan well.
- Pour the whisked egg mixture evenly into each well ensuring mixture does not spill over.
- For a delicious and slightly crispy topping, sprinkle some grated cheese over the top.
- Bake until egg is cooked.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve either on its own or with some toast.