Play and learn with your baby
Bonding through play is the best way for baby to learn.
What is the best way to play with your baby between birth and the age of one? Bonding with mom or dad of course! During your baby’s first year, most of their learning happens through interactions with you. Use your whole body to play, explore and learn together.
Try some of these suggestions:
- Gently rock your baby on your knee
- Swing your little one from side to side
- Play peek-a-boo or pat-a-cake
- Sing songs
- Blow bubbles
- Support your baby on your arm and play ‘aeroplane’
- Create a bridge by standing on your hands and knees and encourage them to crawl through the gap underneath your body
Remember to mirror your little one’s excitement while playing and to praise them when they achieve small goals.
Designed by a panel of leading experts, Mysmartkid provides tools for Early Childhood Development to help you give your child the best start in life. Enjoy fun activities with your little one while helping them reach their full potential. Find out more.