Teach your teen son how to shave
A step-by-step guide to shaving for teens and young men.
Most teenaged boys will have to start shaving while they are still in school. It’s something they may choose to do for the rest of their lives, but if you’re a single mom (or a dad with a beard) you may feel like you need help in explaining to your child how to shave. Not to worry! The internet is loaded with helpful advice, such as this step-by-step video on how to shave.
Your son will need:
• A basin
• Warm water
• A razor (preferably a multi-bladed safety razor that isn’t worn)
• Shaving cream or gel
• Cold water
• A towel
Here’s how to shave, via Gillette/YouTube
• Soak your face in warm water for up to three minutes.
• Apply shaving cream or gel, and rub in well if your skin is sensitive.
• Wet the razor in warm water and shave with the grain (the direction your hair grows) of your beard or stubble.
• For a smoother shave, shave gently against the grain after shaving with the grain.
• Rinse your face with cold water and dry with a towel..
Of course, your teen may not need to shave, in which case he can check out this awesome skill:
How to grow a beard
What other tips would you find helpful?