Microwave glow stick disaster!
Kid’s glow stick experiment ends painfully (and ruins his awesome shirt).
If Parent24 had a series of “DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME” tips this would certainly make the list: don’t try to make a glow stick brighter by sticking it in the microwave.
The problem is that teens don’t always listen to their parents’ advice
. Jack, the unfortunate victim in this, had clearly been told by his father NOT to microwave the glow stick. He went ahead and did it anyway. According to Jack’s brother in the video description it went well the first time so Jack wanted to film it again for his girlfriend, and that’s when it all went horribly wrong."It's all over your awesome shirt!"
We don’t need to give you a spoiler alert to let you know what happened- the heated glow stick pretty much explodes in Jack’s face and all over what his dad subsequently calls his “awesome shirt”. His dad then storms about the kitchen trying to find the instructions to the glow stick so he can treat Jack who is in quite a bit of discomfort.
Don’t worry, though, according to Jack’s brother both Jack and his beautiful (yes, his dad called it that too) shirt survived to do stupid things
It’s pretty funny to watch, but you can also see how this could have gone much worse
It should be noted, too, that Jack’s dad responded calmly
(although you can hear he’s rattled) by reading the warning label to find out if he can use water to rinse out his son’s eyes. That’s some good parenting right there!Watch: Glow stick blows up in kid's face via YouTube/FailArmy
Parents should warn kids about the dangers of experimenting with household appliances such as stoves, kettles or microwaves as all of these can be dangerous if used incorrectly.
It is also a good policy to read the warning labels on products and toys to make sure you know what the risks are and how they can be avoided. In addition, this could also help you in the event that something does go wrong
.Do your kids know what the boundaries are when it comes to playing at home?