Competition terms and conditions
1. The competition is only open to users who currently reside in South Africa.
2. If you have won a Parent24.com competition within the last 30 days, you will not be eligible for the prize draw.
4. To qualify for the prize draw you need to subscribe to the Parent24 newsletter. Users need to confirm their newsletter registration in order to be entered into the draw for the prize(s).
5. Only one entry per person is permitted unless otherwise stated.
6. The prize winners will be selected by means of a random draw. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Parent24.com reserves the right to change the prize(s). Should the prize winner not claim his/her prize within 3 months of being notified, it will be awarded to the next eligible winner.
8. Personal information collected will not be shared with any third party.
9. Staff members of 24.com, Media24 Limited, their PR agencies, as well as their family, spouses, life partners, business partners and associates may not partake.
10. By entering the competition, you have also agreed to receive email notification announcing the winner(s), once the draw has been made. This email will be sent to everyone who enters, it will be a once off communication from Parent24.
Parent24™ USER AGREEMENT
Please read this USER AGREEMENT carefully. It contains important contractual rights, obligations and conditions between you and Parent24™.
Your acceptance of the terms of this USER AGREEMENT is required for your continued use of this web site.
2. The Parent24™website consists of information, content and services provided by Parent24™, its licensor(s), third parties and users of the Parent24™ web site.
3. Parent24™expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend this agreement.
4. Parent24™ expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to remove, alter, modify, supplement and/or restrict access to the services, content, information, software, or file(s) appearing on or transmitted through the Parent24™web site.
5. Any information and/or content appearing on or transmitted through the Parent24™ web site does not constitute advise and you, the user, are encouraged to consult with your professional advisor before acting on any information or content appearing on or transmitted through the Parent24™ web site.
6. Nothing on this website shall be construed as an offer by Parent24™ to you, the user, but merely an invitation to do business.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS & LICENSE
7. All content, trademarks and data on this website, including but not limited to, software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, and designs are the property of or licensed to Parent24™, and as such, are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation and treaties.
8. All rights not expressly granted are reserved. The intellectual property rights in all content, information, services and/or software vesting in Parent24™ shall continue to vest in Parent24™ and no right, title or interest in any proprietary material or information contained in this website is granted to you.
9. Parent24™ grants to you, the user, a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable license to use, print and display all content, information, software, or file(s) on any machine(s) of which you, the user, are the primary user for non-commercial purposes only.
10. You, the user, are prohibited from sublicensing, assigning or transferring this license to any person.
11. Without derogating from the above, you, the user, may designate family members to use and access the information, content or services on the Parent24™ web site subject to the terms of this User Agreement.
12. Unauthorised copying of content, information, software, or file(s), including content, information, software, or file(s) that have been amended, modified, combined or included with such content, information, software, or file(s), or the written materials associated therewith is expressly prohibited.
13. Any unauthorised copying and/or sublicensing, or attempt at copying and/or sublicensing, assignment or transfer of this agreement, shall result in the immediate termination of this agreement by Parent24™ without notice.
14. You, the user, shall be responsible for all use of the information, content or service accessed through your user account, which may be determined by cookies, password(s) or authentication certificate(s).
15. You, the user hereby ratify, guarantee and agree to be personally liable for any and all obligations entered into or assumed by others who use the information, content or services through your user account.
16. You, the user, hereby acknowledge that certain information, content, service and/or links may contain objectionable images, materials, content or information.
17. Except as expressly permitted in this User Agreement, neither you, the user, nor your designated users may reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, publish or otherwise transfer, or commercially exploit, any information, software or other content which they receive or access through the Service
18. By using this website or communicating with Parent24™ by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be "in writing".
CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
19. This website may include technical or other inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes and amendments are periodically made to the information herein and these changes will be incorporated in any new editions of this website. Parent24™ reserves the right to make improvements and/or changes or amendments to this website at any time.
20. Parent24™ reserves the right to change and amend the prices and rates quoted on this website without any notice.
22. While using this website, information about you may be either collected by us or provided by you. Such information will become the property of Parent24™.
23. Parent24™ may use this personal information to provide you with information regarding our products, services, or events from time-to-time. You may request that Parent24™ cease sending you such information or request that your personal information be removed from our database or mailing list at any time by e-mailing editor@Parent24.com
24. You may also request access to any personal information concerning you that Parent24™ holds. The Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000 ("Proatia") set out and regulate how such a request should be made and under what circumstances such access may be refused.
25. You may update or correct your personal information by e-mailing editor@Parent24.com or accessing your Parent24 profile via the log in page. You may also view your personal information that we hold and correct it if necessary on written request to Parent24™.
26. Parent24™ does will not disclose any personal information to anyone except as provided for in this policy. We may however need to disclose personal information to Parent24™ employees or agents who require such information to carry out their duties. There may also be situations where the law requires us to disclose your personal information. In all other situations, except in the case of the sale of Parent24™ or its associated services or website(s), Parent24™ will not disclose your personal information without giving you prior notice thereof and an opportunity to give your consent thereto.
27. Parent24™ is not responsible for and gives no warranties or makes any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.
29. If you have any questions or concerns arising from this policy or the way in which we are handling your personal information, please contact us at editor@Parent24.com.
TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
30. The user acknowledges that information transmitted via the Internet, including without limitation e-mail, is susceptible to monitoring and interception. The user is therefore discouraged from transmitting to Parent24™ any information that may be confidential, proprietary, or sensitive. The user shall bear all risk of transmitting such information in this manner and under no circumstances will Parent24™ be liable for any loss, harm, or damage suffered by the user as a result thereof. Parent24™ reserves the right to request independent verification of any information transmitted via e-mail and the user consents to such verification should Parent24™ deem it necessary.
31. Any information or material sent to Parent24™ will be deemed not to be confidential, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the user and Parent24™.
LINKING AND FRAMING
32. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity or website to link to any page on this website, including the home page, without the prior written approval of Parent24™.
33. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity, or website to frame any page on this website, including the home page, in any way whatsoever, without the prior written approval of Parent24™.
34. The use of non-malicious search technology, such as "web-crawlers" or "web-spiders", to search and gain information from this website is not permitted without our written consent.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
35. Parent24™ provides links to the user only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply Parent24™'s endorsement of such sites.
36. Linked websites or pages are not subject to the control of Parent24™. Parent24™ shall not be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for the contents, use, or inability to use or access any linked websites or any links contained in a linked website
37. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, or entity to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website. Any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website shall be held criminally liable, and in the event that Parent24™ should suffer any damage or loss, civil damages will be claimed.
38. You, the user, warrants that you use the Parent24™ web site at your own risk.
39. You, the user, acknowledge that no implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy has been given by Parent24™, its information providers, licensors, suppliers, employees, agents, and Internet service providers providing access to the Parent24™ web site.
40. This website and the information, content and/or services are provided "as is" and Parent24™ makes no express or implied representations or warranties with regard thereto. Without limiting the generality of the aforegoing, Parent24™, its information providers, licensors, suppliers, employees, agents, and Internet service providers providing access to the Parent24™ web site does not warrant that the website or information will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality, other than those warranties that are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction, or modification under the laws applicable to this User Agreement.
41. Whilst Parent24™ has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this website and its contents, no warranty, whether express or implied is given that any files, downloads or applications available via this website are free of viruses, trojans, bombs, time-locks or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt, damage or affect the operation of the user's system.
RISK & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
42. The user's use of this website and the information contained therein is entirely at the user's own risk and the user assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use thereof. Neither Parent24™, its affiliates, or their shareholders, agents, consultants or employees will be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, whether in an action arising out of contract, statute, delict or otherwise, relating to the use of, or inability to use, this website or the information contained therein.
43. While all reasonable steps have been take to ensure the accuracy and safety of the Parent24™ website, the use of the products or services advertised on this website are used at the user's own risk. The user accepts full responsibility and risk of any injury, damage, or loss resulting from the use thereof. Parent24™ will not be liable for any personal or physical damage or loss, howsoever caused, whether directly or indirectly, resulting from the use of the Parent24™ website.
44. Associated Press Notice: Associated Press text, photos, graphics, audio and/or video materials shall not directly or indirectly be published, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. Subscriber does not hold the AP liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damage arising from any of the foregoing. Copyright 1998 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
45. Reuters Limited Notice Copyright 1998 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Reuters content may not be stored except for personal, non-commercial use. Republication and re-dissemination of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, interruptions or delays in connection with the Reuter content or from any damages arising therefrom.
46. These Terms and Conditions of Use constitute the entire agreement between Parent24™ and you, the user of this website. Any failure by Parent24™ to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
47. In the event that any term or condition of the use of this website is not fully enforceable or valid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected by such unenforceability or invalidity and shall remain enforceable and applicable.
48. This User Agreement is concluded in the Republic of South Africa, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa and the jurisdiction of the South African courts. The parties hereto acknowledge that they are barred from instituting any action or legal proceeding or process more than one year after the day on which the claim or cause of action arose
49. If you have any questions, queries or wish to request permission to use any part of this website, including, linking, framing, or searching, please contact us at:
70 Prestwich St
P.O. Box 2434
Tel: +27 (0)21 468 8294
Fax: +27 (0)21 468 8200
(Updated September 2008)
National Sales Manager:
Gustav Goosen +27 21 468 8061(email@example.com).
© 2002 BUYS INCORPORATED ATTORNEYS
All Rights Reserved. No person is allowed to copy or use this document outside the Naspers Group of companies. Educor, Nasboek and Media24.