10 shocking facts about raising children
Real parents share real facts about raising kids that no-one ever mentions.
By Robyn Addinall
Article originally in Parent24
We've all heard of the "terrible twos" and the fact that babies love to pee in your ear as soon as you turn your head. But what about those strange little facts that people forget to mention?
We asked our awesome Facebook fans to share their most shocking discovery about raising a child. If you're a new parent, take note!
1. When a child wets their pants, they wet their shoes too. Why did nobody tell me that you need 10 pairs of shoes when potty training? Julie Hall
2. Potty training means you get a lot of poo on your hands, but the shocking fact is no matter what you do, you cannot get the smell off your hands. It's good for weight-loss though, when you lose your appetite due to the smell. Marelize Griffiths
3. A shocking fact - All those lovely baby books... They are useless as baby didn't read them and never follows what they say! Naomi Mitchell
4. Having kids teaches you how 2 analyze puke, poo and various types of cries...
5. ...Almost anythin can be flushed down the toilet including kitchen towels, toys and socks! Nadia Gamieldien
6. They eat slugs, and then their mother (with a slug phobia) has to remove remnants from their mouth and explain coherently that slugs are not for human consumption. Katalin Mercer
7. They have a habit of pooping just before you need to leave AND if you're in a major rush they may even rub it in their hair! Cheryl Wevell
8. Vomit will be part of your everyday life until the baby is at least 8months, and you will be OK with it. Chantel Prinsloo
9. At some point your child WILL get their nappy off and decide to use their poop as paint and YOU will have to clean it. (Screaming and gagging is usually how it's done.) Lolly Ludlow
10. They eat everything... Besides the food you give them. Sand, stones, 1 week old chips found under the couch, their own poop. Kim Muller
Take a look at the rest of the shocking facts on our Facebook page.
What are YOUR shocking facts about raising kids?