6 embarrassing parenting moments
Kids truly say the darnedest things. These embarrassing moments would make any parent blush.
The fun thing about raising kids is that they're unpredictable little balls of energy. From randomly blurting out questions or making statements that make you blush like a beetroot, kids know just went to say the wrong thing.
I asked our Facebook and Twitter friends what the most EMBARRASSING thing their children had ever said in public. Their replies had us laughing and blushing! Take a look.
1. My daughter - at the age of 3 - and I was *very much* a single mom, decided she wanted a sister. In the post office one day, she turned to look behind us, saw a man standing there, smiled and waved, pointed at me, and said "Hi, this is my mom. I want a sister. Maybe you should be friends and see what happens?" I still blush when I think about it. Catherine
2. My son ran up to a guy with those metal prosthetic legs and was screaming "MOM, look a TRANSFORMER!" A highly embarrassing for me! Cheryl
3. While buying sanitary towels, my son asks "why do women bleed?" in a very loud voice! The other women just laughed. Mandy
4. In the queue at Clicks, very loudly - "Mom, what's condoms?" And then again, "Mom what are condoms!" She was staring at a box! @ALS_CT
5. While waiting for a lift and an old lady with a walking stick came towards us. "Look Mom! It's the wicked witch." @TarynHun
And lastly, a simple but ever so embarrassing question: 6. "Is dit 'n tannie of 'n oom?" @vicki_cloete
More embarrassing moments for parents
'Mom, I want penis sweets!'
The big pregnancy question blooper
‘My dad’s epic Speedo fail’
Find us on Facebook and Twitter
What's the most embarrassing thing YOUR child has ever said in public? Comment below!