How to report reckless parents
Unbuckled children in cars? Maniacs with a kid on a motorbike? Here's how to report bad parents.
Parenting is not a simple task of feeding and bathing a child every day and hoping they make it through life. It's takes planning, thought and responsibility. And yes, even though that child is yours, it does not give you the right to treat that tiny human as a play thing. Yes, children have rights too.

You may have seen the following video doing the rounds of a reckless man on a rather powerful motorbike with a young child clinging to his shirt while wearing on a bicycle helmet. Please note that said reckless man has a motorbike helmet on his head that would protect him to some degree in an accident. Unfortunately the little girl on the back was not permitted such a luxury.

It's people like this that need to be reported when spotted. Because whether or not this man is her father, he is putting her life at risk. Watch the video below to see an example of how NOT to act responsibly with a child in your care.

This particular matter of abuse has been handed over to the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Police Department after much tweeting, sharing and more than 50,000 views on Youtube.

Reporting recklessness

When it comes to children, no matter is too small that it doesn't need to be reported. If you see a child being abused or just simply left unbuckled in a moving car, it's an issue that shouldn't be ignored. The key is to collect as much information as possible. If it's safe to snap a photo or record a video, then do so. If you can jot down a license plate number then don't hesitate! Once you've got the information you need, report it to the authorities.

Who can help:

South African Police Service

Submit an anonymous tip off by calling Crime Stop on 0860010111
To report child abuse or images email
If you're unsure of what to do, you can also tweet @SAPoliceService
See their website for more information:

Arrive Alive

To report bad driving call 0861400800
They also have an online form for reporting traffic offenses, including driver and/or passengers failing to wear seatbelts.
You contact Arrive Alive via Facebook or Twitter
See their website for more information:

In an emergency

Police and Fire Department: 10111
Ambulance: 10177
From your cellphone: 112

If you know of any other ways to report people and keep our kids safe, share them below.

Read Parent24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Everything from parties to pre-schools in your area.