Getting a grandparent to pay maintenance
Do you have any advice for this frustrated parent?

How does one go about getting a paternal grandparent to pay maintenance?

For at least 4/5 years now I have been in & out of maintenance court, fighting with my ex, paying exorbitant lawyer’s fees, trying to go myself to maintenance court... The list goes on.

It is just such a drawn out time consuming and FRUSTRATING process and the child/maintenance law/process has left me feeling that it is set up in such a way so as to protect the party at fault. And this applies to both men & women!

I am tired of paying through my nose and fighting all the time for zero result. And my ex still has the PRIVILEGE of spending time with my son.

Any suggestions are gladly welcome!


Have a story to share? Email or chat to us on Facebook and Twitter.

Read Parent24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Everything from parties to pre-schools in your area.

Jobs - Find your dream job

Property - Find a new home