Aston Martin introduces the mother of all prams, with an exclusive price tag.
It doesn’t come with retractable machine guns or convert into a submarine, but the Aston Edition of the Silver Cross Surf pram is, according to the car makers, the ‘world’s most exclusive pram’, reports the Telegraph.
Highly pedigreed perambulator
It is a co-owned project by Aston Martin and Silver Cross, a pram manufacturer which has specialised in baby buggies since 1877. The pram, which carries an exclusive (UK) price of £2 000 (over R27 000), has these outstanding features:
- The same leather used in Aston Marin cars
- An Alcantara-lined seat pad- luxurious suede manufactured in Italy
- Leather-trimmed handle and bumper bar
- Aluminium alloy wheels modelled to the same specs as the Aston Martin One-77 which sells for £1.2 million.
- Air-ride suspension for all sorts of terrains
- Only 800 manufactured, each with an exclusively numbered bronze plaque to verify authenticity
Don’t worry, the Silver Cross Surf pram comes with a carry cot, just in case you need a place for your royal baby to chill while you have a glass of Pimm’s at the croquet. Or just in case you ARE James Bond, and you need to make a rapid getaway
. It would be tempting to say the Aston Martin pram is great for baby “Bonding”.
Silver Cross is quite enthusiastic about their top product, which will only be available from Harrods, stating that "The Silver Cross Surf - Aston Martin Edition is the ultimate in comfort for your baby and in style for the owner."Would you consider a luxurious product like this for your child?
By: Scott Dunlop